Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cilantro lime rice and taco seasoned chicken

I'm so happy the weather has been feeling so much like it's supposed to be. It was so cold the last few weeks here. Last year it snowed at the end of May. I'm hoping it's not going to repeat this year. I'm so ready for hiking and camping.

This is my first attempt making cilantro lime rice. It was kinda easy--I was worried that it might not work, but it did. It tastes pretty decent and similar to the one they served at Cafe Rio, I suppose.



My way of cooking usually focuses on how to make the most of it from the kind of ingredients I already have without having to go to the store.


Pretty much everything I needed to make the cilantro lime rice:
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (which i left out from this picture, oops)
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup of water

Since I eat rice all the time, I usually have rice left over from the previous day. You could make it by just making the rice first. When it's done, I would go ahead to make the seasoning in a sauce pan.




I put everything except lime juice, salt, cilantro in a sauce pan and brought it to a boil. Then I just poured it over the rice and mixed really well while having the pan on medium  heat. Then I added lime juice, salt, and cilantro. You can adjust to however you want by doing that because some people prefer it with more lime juice, cilantro, or salt. But that was just right for my taste.

I used about 2 cup of uncooked rice






Then, I cooked 2lbs of chopped chicken breast with 1/4 of taco seasoning. The package suggests to use one package of seasoning with 1 lbs of meat, but I like my meat to be a little mild so I only used a little bit of it.
 

Dinner was served with pineapple salsa from the previous day :) Pretty quick and easy recipe that fits perfect with my busy work schedule.




No comments: