Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor day weekend update

Another lazy week for me; I really need to catch up with my blogging business. How was your Labor Day weekend? We had a great time. Brett and I bought a new couch for a great deal from the Overstock.com (OSTK) warehouse on employee night. Now, we have some seating in the family room. I also bought a bar table that matches my 2 bar stools I got a while ago, also from OSTK warehouse. They will be set in my basement. I'm so excited to completely furnish the house. I will definitely share some pictures of my hard work :)

On Saturday, Brett went to the BYU vs. UW football game while I went to Swiss Days in Midway with my mother- and sisters-in-law. It was a fun experience since I've never heard of Swiss Days before. I brought my camera and took some pictures of the event.

It was such a lovely day in Midway. There was so many people there, it was so crazy.


A shop that was selling pets' stuff and baby's clothes. It's funny how they have to specify that this shirt is for humans.


We saw so many jewelry shops.

Silk dress shop


I thought these Christmas ornaments were so darling. Too bad, I forgot to get some. Well, we will have to go back soon :)


On Sunday, we went to Matt's baby's blessing. It was in a Japanese ward in Sugarhouse. This is his second baby. He's really cute waring a little white tuxedo. Matt works in the same team with Brett. They seem to get along well, haha :) I'm jealous because they get to see each other 10 hours a day and 5 days a week on average. I don't even get to see Brett that much. Yeah, they keep joking about it as they're introducing how we know each other. Matt has the coolest wife and coolest extended family that is like a small version of the United Nations.

On Monday, I woke up early for a day off and spent my day working on the yard. I did some weeding and planting new shrubs and flowers. Hopefully, it will be looking good next spring. I've been reading on how fall gardening could help prepare for a beautiful spring blossom. I'm so excited for that. I hope our garden will survive the excessive weed & feed I spread to prevent them from growing back. Before we had people come and mow our lawn, the weeds in our yard (both front & back) went up to my knees. They were wild. Yeah, I also spent lot of my time spraying them with weed killer. Now, my whole body is sorer than ever, I've been walking a little funny. Way to celebrate Labor Day doing some really hard labor, haha.

1 comment:

aquarianalien said...

really interesting post=)it made me smile. Swiss Days looks like fun.