Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rice noodles stir fry

One day I was craving for some Thai pad see ew so I decided to experiment with it. I didn't have a lot of ingredients and was not really sure how to make it. Without consulting too much from the internet, I just threw something together really quick. It turned out ok, but not quite the same taste I expected; however it tasted more like pad thai :) Next time, I will try it with other spices and sauces to make it more like Pad see ew.

Veggies: carrots, bean sprouts, frozen green peas. As you see I made a lot and actually only used half of this for the noodles.




Noodle: I didn't bother with fresh noodles, it's hard to get here so I used the dried noodles from a bag I bought from Hong Phat Market.


Chicken: 3 - 4 chicken breasts cut into thin slices



I also cooked the chicken separately in olive oil, 1 tsp of soy sauce, and 1 tsp of brown sugar.


Mix 3/4 of the chicken with cooked veggies first, then I added the noodles, cilantro, green onion, and scramble eggs. I also added 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce, 1/2 tbs of brown sugar, and 1 tsp of sweet chili sauce for more taste :)


I prefer to have some extra chicken on the side to eat with sweet chili sauce.

No comments: