Friday, July 9, 2010

Cannon Beach - Oregon

During our trip to Portland, Brett and I took half a day to go to a beach nearby. Cannon Beach is about 1.5 hours from Portland, so we decided to go there. I've heard a lot about how beautiful it is and was so excited to visit for the first time.

Since it's a pretty short drive it's a very decent half day trip from the city. The drive there was very beautiful. We really enjoyed the rain forest, scenic drive in the Pacific Northwest. Everything about it is beautiful: the huge green trees, the moss growing everywhere, the fresh cent of the forest, the variety of wild flowers, etc... It just felt so fresh and good being there.

Cannon Beach

The water was really cold, and I actually dipped my toe into the water once to test it out.

DSC_0205.NEF

We were somewhat lucky because it rained 3 days out of 4 days we were there. The day we went to the beach happened to be mostly cloudy; the sun would come out for a minute, then disappear behind those thick clouds. Also, a perfect day for horseback riding. Looks so much fun!

DSC_0179.NEF

Cannon Beach is known for the haystack. It's very unique and reminded me of Halong Bay and the famous view of the limestone.

DSC_0248.NEF


DSC_0229.NEF

Yes, I'd love to have a beach house someday. This beach house is just steps from the sandy beach with a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. One day we might have the money to buy one. I like the colorful paint of this cute one.

DSC_0194.NEF

Brett loves the water... look at him enjoying the view :)

DSC_0191.NEF

The view of the town. This is such a cute little town. It didn't take us much time to walk back and forth from the beach to the stores downtown. As I recall we walked back and forth about 3 times. First, we were so excited to see the beach we walked down there after lunch. The second time, I realized that I wore the wrong shoes and left my flip flops in the car. The third time we got to the beach we forgot to bring our beach towel.

DSC_0184.NEF

We went to this store to buy our beach towel that we forgot to pack, haha.

DSC_0165.NEF

Did I mention that we had a great lunch at Ecola Seafood Restaurant? They have the best fish and chips I ever had in my life.

DSC_0163.NEF

Inside view

DSC_0158.NEF

Can't forget the food. It was so tasty. We ordered halibut, salmon, and a cup of clam chowder. Love every single bite of this meal. Just wishing we have fresh seafood in Utah. I guess we just have to come back more often.

DSC_0161.NEF

Ahh, it was a fun trip. Goodbye, Cannon Beach! Hopefully, we'll see you again soon!

DSC_0167.NEF

No comments: