Thursday, July 29, 2010

Catfish in tomato sauce

This was my first time preparing catfish. I've cooked Tilapia, rock fish, Halibut, and Salmon before, but not catfish. I'm not sure why. I also don't have a lot of experience making fish neither. Maybe I should start cooking more different type of fish to see which is my favorite, so far Halibut is on the top of the list.

I just wish I could make more of this. I like the taste of fish, and it's pretty healthy for you. The only reason why we don't eat it every is because of how expensive it could get. The other day, I went to the store and got 4 small pieces of Halibut for $14 that would probably feed one person and half. It's just that expensive. With that much I could buy a lot more pork, chicken, or beef. Anyway, our goal is to eat at least 1 meal with fish every week. Hopefully, that won't break our bank account :)

This is the marinate, which consisted of Worcester sauce, soy sauce, dried thyme, and olive oil.

Photobucket

Since i was going to bake the fish, I first seasoned with salt and pepper, then poured the marinate on.

Photobucket

To create more flavor, I topped with parsley leaves, green onions, and homemade tomato sauce. I folded the foil to cover it up and baked at 375 for 30 minutes.

Photobucket

This is how we like to eat fish :)

Photobucket

I made enough so that we could have some left-over for the next day because it was pretty good. I like to serve it with one veggie dish on the side. Just that simple!

Photobucket

To make home-made tomato sauce: cook one or more tomato in olive oil and some water until it becomes a thick liquid mixture, add salt and pepper to taste.

Photobucket

I have this thing for home-made tomato sauce. I really like them with fish and tofu.

3 comments:

aquarianalien said...

this looks delish! i look forward to these interesting posts.
Natasha

Brett & Chummy said...

Thanks Natasha! I love eating, and cooking is kinda fun. I like to experiment with food besides pricing experiment I do at work :)

Anonymous said...

Chummy đảm đang quá!