Saturday, October 23, 2010

Huntington Beach {California}

What a lovely Saturday today! It's been raining the whole morning and finally it stopped. The weather is supposed to cool down next week and snow in the Salt Lake valley. I'm not totally excited for that since the last time it snowed here was at the end of May. Oh well, I'm sure excited for the holiday season though as Christmas is my favorite time of the year.

Yes, I should have posted these pictures a while ago. I just haven't had time to process all of them yet. I finally finished that today although I'm still behind on a lot of food posts. I still have pictures from a year ago that I haven't done anything to. Also, I've been baking like crazy so stay tuned for some yummy delish bread, muffins, and cupcakes :) Just figure, I need to take care of this first...

After checking in to our hotel by the PCH, we went out for dinner at The Crab Cooker. One of the best seafood places in the area. Everything was so tasty and fresh. If I lived here I'd have to come here probably once a month or so. It's so good but could drain out your wallet in no time. We spent over 100 dollars just for 2 plates of seafood and a small bowl of clam chowder.





Snapshot of the chef making delish grilled lobsters  

Brett's plate: lobsters on a skewer, rice pilaf, and cold slaw. Seriously, the best lobters ever.
 My king crab legs were also very yummy
The mashed potatoes were also my favorite. It was so cheesy and delicious...
 
And a very interesting and good clam chowder...

They also sell fresh seafood for home cooking. I wish I could take some home with me.
 The store across the street
 After dinner, we rushed over to the Huntington Beach pier to watch the sunset.
One intersting thing I learned was the palm tree is not one of California's native plants, but it's everywhere and makes us feel like it is.


The pier







As we walked on the pier, we saw a man catch a small leopard shark and processed it right there :)

The paranomic picture of the pier: I took 5 different pictures to make this one

No comments: