Sunday, October 17, 2010

Stir fried ramen noodle

We had this dish a while ago; I never had time to post it until now. I used to eat ramen noodles everyday when I was in college. Then, I became so sick of it, the last time I had it probably was over a year ago. I still have a few packages left, instead of throwing them away I decided to do something interesting with it. I finally decided to do a stir fry with shrimp, ground pork, and baby bok choy since it's something different than how I used to have them. It turned out pretty decent, well worth keeping the noodles around :)



I boiled the ramen (about 6 small packages) for about 2 mins then rinsed them through cold water to stop the noodles from cooking themselves; that way the noodles don't get too soggy later on.




 
I stir fried the bok choy in some soy sauce, added the already cooked ground pork with vietnamese black mushrooms, then added the shrimp last because they get cooked really fast and I don't want to over-cook them.


Finally, I just mixed the stir fry and the noodles together in a big frying pan, added sesame oil, salt & pepper, and soy sauce.
 
Easy dinner that saves money and time for us :)
  


No comments: