Monday, October 4, 2010

Pork stew {Thit kho trung}

I love this dish. It's perhaps the reason why I would never become a vegan or give up pork. If there's one thing I'd have to eat for the rest of my life, this will be it. I'm serious, you gotta try it yourself :)

The hard boiled eggs are a MUST!!! The more the better; I could have added more if not because of the limited space I had :( 


Pork butt meat with some fat and skin. It's essential to get these because the fat will keep the meat super moist, rich, and tender. I usually don't eat the skin and fat, but like I said, it's really important :)


Food coloring: burned and brown sugar

Look at my beautiful bowl of greatness
Side dish: Garlic shrimp stir fried with baby bok choy and mushroom.
Crush one egg and a little bit of the juice to make great dipping sauce for steamed vegetables like cabbage or bok choy.
Dinner plate: steamed white rice, pork stew, and garlic shrimp stir fried.
Or eat it with mung bean sweet rice (xoi dau xanh), Chinese sausage, and some Pate

1 comment:

DT Stevens said...

Mouth watering. I agree with you on the fat. It is a necessary evil but so important for this dish.