Thursday, August 5, 2010

Breakfast casserole

Our favorite breakfast food is egg. There are times we often eat breakfast food for dinner. Brett and I love breakfast food, especially eggs, bacon, and sausage.

This is one of my favorite dishes to make for breakfast. It's pretty easy and delicious. I sometimes make it on Sunday so that Brett could eat them during the week. It helps us save money :) The whole thing never costs more than $10 and feeds us for a few days at least.

Another great thing about this recipe is that you could experiment with many different kind of meats and veggies. In the past, I have used ham, spam, peperoni, sausage, salami, spinach, peas, onions, zucchini, etc...In the picture, you'll see my green peas & onions combination and sausage on the side.

The main ingredients are: 3/4 loaf of bread, 3 cups of milk, 3-4 cup of cheese, 10 eggs, peas (in a can), and 1 onion (sauteed in olive oil with salt and pepper)

First step is to arrange the bread that has been cut in small cubes, onions, peas, and cheese in 2 layers



Next step is to set the oven to 375. Then, I prepare the liquid mixture of 10 eggs and 3 cups of milk (make sure to beat the eggs first then add the milk), and season with salt and pepper. 



Then, pour the egg and milk onto the pan and bake for 1 hour or so and you'll see the top turn golden brown. I'll also us a fork or toothpick and check if they come out clean after you poke into the middle of the casserole.


Mine turned out pretty good that day



Happy cooking and eating everyone! I'm pretty sure our big and hungry tummies like it a lot  :)

1 comment:

aquarianalien said...

I'm going to try this !