Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fried rice

This is my fried rice with egg, ham, and Chinese sausage. Like many types of food, there are many ways one could cook fried rice. We love fried rice with lots of meat since we're 100% meat lovers, hehe :)

The main ingredients to make my fried rices are ham or spam, Chinese/Vietnamese sausage (love the sweet taste of it), and scrambled eggs.

I usually buy one pound of ham either from the deli section or the meat section, then cut them in small cubes.



I prefer to pan fry the ham with some Chinese sausage first; this step takes a little longer and is about 15 mins or so. I later add chopped green onions when the meat is brown since onions tend to cook really quick and get burned.


While the meat is cooking, I would go ahead and steam some carrots and pre-prepared scrambled eggs (I used 2) separately. It saves me some time and I didn't have to stir the meat every second. Then, add them to the meat pan when done.



Finally, I added jasmine rice, a few pinches of salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil. Make sure to mix them well together. Pretty easy, huh?


Winner winner chicken dinner with fried rice and some leafy green vegatables

No comments: