Monday, August 16, 2010

Sesame chicken

Although chicken is not my favorite type of meat, I still like to eat it sometimes for a change. This is just a typical sesame chicken dish that I made up just like many other dishes. It's not something fancy that you could get a restaurant because it's just so simple. I'm not trying to be Rachel Ray or Martha Stewart here :) I just really enjoy cooking, eating, and creating new flavor. I know my food felt bland at times. There's always a good, an ok, and a not so good dish during my cooking trial. It's totally ok; all that matters is my guinea pig and I enjoy it and we don't get sick to our stomaches after eating them.

I always make marinade for the meat. This sesame flavored sauce contains of 1/2 teaspoon of red chili pepper, 1 table spoon of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.



I realized every picture of my marinating sauce look the same, haha. This is about 2 or 3 lbs of chicken breasts that were cut into small cubes.



The least amount of time that i usually marinate my meat is 30 minutes, I have kept them marinating in the fridge for 1- 3 days before. I don't feel there's a difference, but you might though.


Cook on the stove for about 30 mins or until the meat is no longer pink
Add some green onions and sesame seeds and cook for 5 mins


And our humble supper was served with white rice, napa cabbage, and some beans from a can :)


Sorry we don't do a lot of fun activities recently. Both Brett and I are working full-time, trying to maintain 2 properties, and working on some projects at our new home; we just don't find any free time for anything. Hopefully, once we're done moving in, we'll have more stuff to share. However, we are going to California for a short anniversary vacation and Hawaii for Thanksgiving. At least there are some things we can look forward to while staying busy making some money, hehe :)

1 comment:

aquarianalien said...

This totally looks like a professionally made Sesame chicken =)