Monday, August 9, 2010

Fried Chicken

I cook fried chicken whenever I'm too lazy too cook anything else, or if I want to blog while cooking, haha. My quick and dirty trick is to boil the chicken in water and 1/4 teaspoon of salt for about 30 mins, then pan fry them in my 'secret' sauce for 10 - 15 mins or until they turn golden brown. The secret ingredient for the sauce is ... nothing special, haha! Like my Kungfu Panda's quote?

The sauce is simply made of 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. You could replace the balsamic vinegar with soysauce if you'd like. It will give you a slightly different flavor but still good though :) The best thing about this way of cooking is that you could experiment with herbs and other seasoning to create your ultimate favorite sauce!

You could use the thermometer to check internal tempurature of the meat to determine whether or not it's fully cooked. I usually just take the biggest piece of chicken in the pan and cut into half and see if they're no longer pink.

One other thing, fried chicken is best when they have skin! Happy eating more chicken :)



After taking the chicken out, I love to put rice into the pan and make some delish dirty rice without putting in too much effort
 

Here come dinner, tada
 

2 comments:

aquarianalien said...

This looks super delicious ! I have to try it ..soon!

Brett & Chummy said...

Thanks! Let me know if you want to cook together :)