Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Beef stew

I usually don't eat beef stew when it's warm outside. But after the crazy storm the other day, I just felt like having some :) It's getting a little cool recently. Originally, I wanted to make beef bourguignon, but it would take too long so I ended up making my easy beef stew. The secret ingredient is the seasoning cubes I bought from Hong Phat Market. Next time, I'll try making it from scratch. Of course, I used my Dutch oven that made the meat super tender without putting in too much effort.

To speed up the process: I cooked the meat (about 2-3lbs) the day before. The next day, I sauteed 1 yellow onion and some garlic. Then, I placed the beef it in the Dutch oven with potatoes (4), carrots (1lbs), and celery (3 stalks). Also, I recommend adding beef broth, 1 tsp brown sugar, and 1/2 tsp of kosher salt and black pepper. I left it in the oven at 350 for 2 hours. This is the picture I took right before it went into the oven.


To garnish add green onion and cilantro
Served with white rice :)

No comments: