Friday, August 13, 2010

Shrimp dumplings

We really love going out for some dimsum on the weekend. There are many types of dumplings that we usually pick out from the carts at the restaurant. I have tried to make some steam buns before. This is my first time trying to make shrimp dumplings. I wanted to keep everything simple so I didn't use too many ingredients.

Leeks: chops about 2-3 cups


Shrimp: 1 lb and cut in small pieces


Mix leeks and shrimp with sesame oil, 1 pinch of salt and pepper, some soy sauce (optional because it could get really salty).I actually put a little too much salt and pepper there :(  but Brett thought it was awesome.


Make sure to mix them well

I'm not really sure what's the best way to fold them yet. But I found the easiest way is to fold the opposite corners together

Final look of the dumplings before I put them in the steamer

It completely cooks after 10 mins or so. Make sure to serve them hot :)


After 10 mins in the steamer, they looked like this


Ready to serve and eat :)

If you are in Salt Lake City, UT, I recommend Cafe Anh Hong. We always go here for dimsum and for good authentic Chinese food. They don't speak English very well there, but it's ok because their food is amazing. I think they make the best shrimp and leeks dumplings in the whole valley :) Go there when you're in town!

1465 South State Street 
Salt Lake City, UT 84115-6126 - 
(801) 486-1912

1 comment:

aquarianalien said...

looks delicious! i love dimsum!